Seadown Veterinary Group is independently owned by five partners, all of whom are practising vets. The practice was first established in 1923 and has served the local area continuously since then. In the early years farm animals kept on and around the New Forest provided the main workload. Branches were opened in Totton in 1962 and Lymington in 1964 at a time when companion animals were becoming more important.
As the practice grew, new premises were needed and at Hythe the Seadown surgery was granted Hospital status soon after it was established in 1974. Extensions to the hospital were added in 1990 and 2000 to keep up with the increasing numbers of patients. Our Lymington premises were extended in 2009, enabling us to carry out minor surgery and run nurse clinics there. Seadown values the local community and is involved in the care and welfare of New Forest ponies and cattle. We also have a large number of equine and farm animal clients across the New Forest and beyond. It is our intention to continue investment into practice improvement and we are always looking at ways to update our services and facilities.